Thursday, April 21, 2011

Yes, Lord - Your will not mine!

"Stay in His will, whatever the cost, and He will never fail you"
Grandpa Owen

      Where will you go? What will you do? Who will you be? These are questions that we have all asked at one point or another.  We worry about the future and contemplate the past. In the past five years I have been through a lot. I had a baby, got married and got divorced. By human standards there are plenty of things over the last five years that I should regret. However, I have an amazing God. Through life's ups and downs there has been one constant. God. Now, have I been constant in my walk? Nope! I'll be the first to admit I was the lamb that went astray. I could choose to live in the past and always regret what happened but I refuse. Why you ask? Because I'm forgiven and I learned a lot about life, myself and what I really want out of life. I have a new respect for marriage that I didn't grasp before. I have chosen to learn from the past but I picked up the pieces of my broken heart and handed them to God!

     Now for the future. This one might actually be harder for me than handing God the past. Handing him the broken pieces was easier then handing him a future of endless possibilities. As a sinful person, my first instinct is 'I want, I want, I want'. I want to go here. I want to do this. This is what I want for my future. Selfish me!!! What I'm doing now is attempting to allow Christ full access to my wants and desires. I know that my prayer should just be YES LORD! Do whatever you want with me! This is easier said then done. I never realized just how badly I want security. I thrive on it but I know that if I am living in God's will right now then there is no better security than that.

I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.  Philippians 3:13-16

Forget the past, look forward to the future, but live for God today! If you are always in God's will on a moment by moment basis you will be able to look at the past and see God has taken you exactly where he wanted you as well as look forward to a prosperous walk with Christ in the future.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' Luke 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment