Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Less is more

Less is more. We hear this statement all the time so I decided that as with so many other things, I can incorporate this into my walk with Christ. I found myself being drawn to II Corinthians 12:9-10.


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."


     Let's start with the background of why this verse was meant for me. I'm a very typical middle child. I'm outgoing, adventurous, strong willed, stubborn, competitive, hard headed, decisive...oh the list goes on and on. To make it short....I'm a very "strong" personality. Well, this attitude doesn't quite coincide with being the humble servant I have been called to be. All to often I find myself relying on my own strength to get through life's difficulties. BOY HAS THAT FAILED MISERABLY! I am nothing without Christ. It seems that every time I think I have a handle on a situation the rug gets pulled out from under me and I'm left with nothing but a sore bottom and hurt pride.

     Ahhhh there it is, Pride! Why oh why do I let my pride get in the way? So here it is....LORD MY WEAKNESS IS MY OWN PRIDE!!! There, I said it. It's out in the open. I get caught up in looking strong and trying to do things myself that I can't just accept that in honesty I need to be weak before my Savior. If I would just let go and let God take care of things then I would never fail. This is why I cling to the verse above as a life verse. I have to remind myself daily that I am nothing but God is everything. If I just take a back seat then my Jesus can shine through me and make more of a difference in 5 minutes then I could in a lifetime on my own.

    So there we have it. Less is more. The less I become, the more Christ can be seen through me. My prayer is that I may be humble and weak before Christ so that His power may rest on me. It's not about me. It's all about You, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment